I have been lucky enough to spend the past 9 months as part of the Kaisercraft Design Team and I have had a ball! So it's time for me to throw my hat into the ring and hope that I am fortunate enough to make the team for the upcoming year. All the final round applicants were sent a yet to be released collection and the creative door was thrown open - create a project of your choosing using the products provided!
The biggest stumbling block for me was deciding which way to go to play with this amazing collection. In the end I thought about what I love doing the most and that is showing different ways that a collection can be used. Sometimes we look at products and there is an immediate theme / style that comes to mind. I sometimes love to play with the paper / embellishments and show a couple of different ways to use them.
One thing I love to do is play in a journal - so that was my choice for this application. For the cover I have used the collection with mixed media techniques and for the internal page I have used a more traditional scrapbooking approach to show the versatility of this collection.
'Always Be Different' Journal Cover
Kaisercraft products used: Boho Dreams Collection | CD101 Coconut Weave Cardstock | KM106 Denim Mist | KM107 Peach Mist | KM111 White Mist | CS257 Script Background Stamp | CS162 Stains Stamp | CS154 Film Edges Stamp | IT904 Fading Dots Template | DD547 Circle Vines Die | DD350 Ornate Charm Die | DD754 Dream Catcher Die | SB700 Silver Rhinestones
First I started with the gorgeous Kaisercraft Kraft Journal (EM422):
- Use Gesso to cover the front cover - I also coloured the binder rings carefully. This provides a nice white background and a protective layer to the cover.
- Cut one of the patterned papers into various sized strips - I cut to the width of 1cm, 2.5cm, 3cm and 4cm. Then adhere them to the centre part of the front cover. (Choose paper that has some variation in colour and some pattern as you want this to show through the final layers of Gesso and sprays.)
- Use a palette knife and cover the paper in a light coat of Gesso. Once this is dry, use a template and texture paste and add random patches of Texture paste over the cover:
This is a close up of your cover to this stage:
4. Once this is all dry the real fun begins - time to get messy with Mists!!! I used Kaisercraft Mists in Denim (KM106), Peach (KM107) and White (KM111).
5. Spray the Denim and Peach on to your page and use a water spritzer bottle to dilute the colour and little and move the colours around the page:
6. Once the two colours are dry - flick your White Mist over the page.
7. Using an assortment of stamps, randomly stamp images across your page. I used the Clear Stamps from the Boho Dreams Collection, along with the Script Background stamp (CS257) and the Stains stamp (CS162)
Now you should have beautiful colour, texture and movement on your cover. Go ahead and embellish to your hearts content! I used the Collectables from the Boho Dreams Collection along with an assortment of Dies and Kaisercraft Coconut Cardstock to make my Dream Catcher
Now for those of you who are not into mixed media, I wanted to show that this collection can be used with traditional scrapbooking techniques. So for the internal journal page I covered the two facing pages with two of the stunning patterned papers from the collection:
I then decorated the two pages with two of my favourite photos of my oldest daughter, along with the Collectables and papers from the Boho Dreams Collection, Clear Stickers and one of the gorgeous new Dies - Foliage Flourish:
'Be Fabulous Today' Journal page
Kaisercraft products used: Boho Dreams Collection | Em422 Kraft Journal | CD101 Coconut Weave Cardstock | DD557 Foliage Flourish Die | ST919 Script Words Clear Stickers | ST925 Family Clear Stickers
As you can see this is yet another stunning release coming from Kaisercraft with so many incredible ways to use it! I hope you'll have as much fun playing with it once it's released as I have had!
I hope you'll be keeping your fingers crossed for me and I'll be hoping to be part of the Kaisercraft Design Team for 2016 / 17
Happy crafting :)